.
I am not a harsh movie critic...I watch to be entertained, not to tear a movie to shreds with criticism.
.
.

Monday, July 21, 2008

"The Madness of King George" (1994) PG-13

The dementia of King George III (Nigel Hawthorne) -- the English monarch who lost the war to keep the American colonies -- sets into motion a flurry of political and familial treachery to gain power. Based on Alan Bennett's play, the film provides insight into the primitive medical practices of the time and co-stars Ian Holm, Helen Mirren, Rupert Graves and Rupert Everett. Hawthorne and Mirren received Oscar nominations for their performances.

I found this a very interesting, shocking and amusing movie. I was so inquisitive of the real nature of the kings illness, as portrayed in this movie, that I did a Google search to read up on him. Yes, I found it to be true.