.
I am not a harsh movie critic...I watch to be entertained, not to tear a movie to shreds with criticism.
.
.

Monday, December 15, 2008

" Hotel Rwanda" (2005) PG-13

Amid the holocaust of internecine tribal fighting in Rwanda that sees the savage butchering of hundreds of thousands of men, women and children, one ordinary man (Oscar nominee Don Cheadle) musters the courage to save more than 1,000 helpless refugees by sheltering them in the hotel he manages. Sophie Okonedo, Nick Nolte and Joaquin Phoenix co-star in this powerful film (sort of an African version of Schindler's List) directed by Terry George.

I couldn't believe what I learned through watching this movie. It is one thing to hear about it in the media reporting, but totally a different heart-wrenching thing to see and hear it portrayed out in a film. My heart totally went out to these good innocent people. I will never understand how hatred can push people to do these sort of things to another human being. But all through history, these sort of things have occurred.