.
I am not a harsh movie critic...I watch to be entertained, not to tear a movie to shreds with criticism.
.
.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Martha, Inc" (2003) PG

Cybill Shepherd stars in this biopic of Martha Stewart, the exemplary homemaker who built an empire out of her skills after launching a magazine and wildly popular television show. Showing a side of the perfectionist Stewart most have never seen, the film follows her career from her meteoric rise to her 2003 indictment after a stock market scandal, after which she resigned as CEO of her company. Based on Christopher M. Byron's best-selling book.

This movie on the life of Martha Stewart and a side of her personality that I did not know... was a real shocking eye opener for me. Martha is a strong extrovert, while I am the opposite...so I felt very turned off by her. She is very gifted in her craft and talents...so I give her an "A" for that. But I did not like how she treated other people.

Cybill Shepherd does an amazing job of acting Martha's part and I think she even looks a little like Martha. I did like this movie, though, because I love biopics.